About the organisation
Geek Talent is a data science company who create unique innovative products to help people make more informed decisions. We use unique technology to extract and visualize labour market data for CEOs, Investment Managers, HR Professionals and students, so there is a solution for everyone. Our 360-degree view of the labour market is collected by merging data from a variety of sources such as internet forums, online people profiles and other websites and making sense of this using statistical and machine learning techniques.
About the role
We are keen to recruit a talented Data Scientist to help further develop our products and create new innovations from within the labs at Geek Talent. You will have direct input ensuring our product suite sets us apart from the competition and have influence over our work to actively close the skills gap between education and employment by improving the way we analyse the labour market.
Essential skills and experience
- Highly numerate with an excellent academic background, e.g. MSc or PhD in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or any STEM subject with a high mathematical and computing content.
- Excellent numerical programming skills in at least one modern computing language, e.g. Python, Java, MATLAB, R etc.
- Good knowledge of mathematical modelling, data analysis, statistics and data visualisation.
- Experience working with real data sets and cleaning and manipulating data in a variety of formats including flat file and relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Desirable skills and experience
- Academic and practical experience of machine learning and related areas, e.g. optimisation, data clustering, dimensionality reduction, predictive modelling, regression analysis, classification etc.
- Good Python programming skills, preferably with experience of NumPy, SciPy and scikit-learn.
- Experience of using and writing RESTful services.
- Competent with command line Linux.
- Cloud computing experience, e.g. AWS, Google Compute.
- Experience working with unstructured text data.
You will work with a talented team of Software Architects, Web Developers and AI experts and have direct input into helping the company launch the next big thing in Tech whilst being part of a growing team.
Salary – £35k depending upon experience
Apply today at email@example.com