Job Description : Software Developers
Salary: £Depending upon experience
About the organisation
Geek Talent is a big data technology firm based in Durham @ Aykley Heads. We have developed a unique software product set helping companies and individuals track the future of the labour market using AI with access to the latest global labour market intelligence tracking millions of CVs and Job Adverts every day. Our Talent Platform consists of a Data Analytics platform plus Mobile app for employees and students. We put right information in front of customers in government and private sector firms – helping them monitor their competition, recruit, retain and train staff with the right skills in the right locations.
About the role
We are keen to recruit a talented Software Developer to help further develop our products and create new innovations from within the labs at Geek Talent. We are looking for someone who can pick up new programming languages, frameworks and technologies quickly and loves technical challenges working with masses of data and other disciplines such as maths and stats. You will have direct input ensuring our product suite sets us apart from the competition and have influence over our technology roadmap and work to actively close the skills gap between education and employment by improving the way we analyse the labour market data.
Essential skills and experience
- A good knowledge of SQL database design and querying using PostgreSQL or similar technology
- Experience with working in a team to produce a maintainable and testable software project.
- Experience of agile development.
- Experience of using and writing RESTful services.
- Competent with command line Linux.
- Cloud computing experience, e.g. AWS, Google Compute.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of and experience of using Github.
Desirable skills and experience
- Natural language processing (NLP).
- Experience working with unstructured text data.
- Experience of SOLR and Search Indexing technology.
You will work with a talented team of consultants and tech experts and be part of the growing team creating cutting edge technology offering the very latest insights to our customers. Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to book an interview with your CV or linkedin profile details.